The Connecticut State Library Presents 2 Workshops On Library Services for Culturally Diverse Communities.
Yolanda Cuesta of Cuesta MultiCultural Consulting will present 2 full day workshops designed to help library staff develop an awareness of the major issues in working with diverse communities and to develop their skills in planning and marketing library services in diverse communities. An understanding of community based needs assessment techniques and the role they play in the design and delivery of effective library services is the foundation for these workshops.
1. Planning Library Services for Culturally Diverse Communities
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Middletown Library Service Center,
786 South Main St., Middletown
The Goal of this workshop is to help library staff work with culturally diverse communities to design and deliver appropriate library services.
Knowledge and skills to be acquired are:
· Skill in measuring library readiness to plan and serve a diverse community
· Understanding of needs assessment principles and techniques
· Skill in implementing needs assessments
· Skill in developing target population profiles
· Knowledge of data gathering techniques
· Knowledge of data analysis techniques
· Knowledge of key elements in a service plan
· Skill in customizing a service plan for a particular target group
2. Marketing Library Services to Culturally Diverse Communities
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Willimantic Library Service Center
1216 Main St., Willimantic
The goal of this workshop is to help library staff learn effective techniques for marketing to diverse communities
Knowledge and skills to be acquired:
· Tips for communicating with diverse communities
· Techniques for analyzing current marketing activities
· Effective marketing techniques to reach diverse communities
· Knowledge of key elements in a marketing plan
· Skill in customizing a marketing plan for a particular target group or service
Coffee and registration for both workshops will begin at 9:30 a.m. with the workshop running from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Bring a brown bag lunch. Beverages and desert will be provided
To register for either or both workshops please e-mail the following information by May 12th to Mary Engels, email@example.com
LIBRARY ADDRESS & ZIP:
WORK TELEPHONE NUMBER:
THE WORKSHOP TITLE AND SESSION(S) YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR:
If you need a special accommodation for a disability or need a sign language interpreter please contact Mary at the Middletown Library Service Center, 786 South Main Street, Middletown, CT, 06457, phone: 860-344-2972 or 1-800-437-2313, or e-mail her at: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st.