The Career Development Committee offers scholarships annually to CLA members enrolled in MLS or LTA degree programs. This year the committee, in partnership with the Association of CT Library Boards (ACLB), is awarding two MLS scholarships in the amount of $2,000.00. The Career Development Committee will also award one LTA scholarship in the amount of $750.00. Application and all materials must be submitted/postmarked by February 7, 2014 in order to receive consideration. In addition to the monetary award, scholarship winners receive complimentary 1-day registration and lunch at the 2014 CLA Annual Conference.
- You must be 1) a CLA member and 2) a CT resident or employed in a CT library.
- You must be enrolled, but not graduated, in an LTA or ALA-accredited MLS (MLIS) program.
- Please send a copy of your letter of acceptance (MLS only).
- If you have received an ALA Spectrum Scholarship, please submit an official notification of the award.
- Please send official transcripts of post-secondary education by the deadline; MLS students need only send official transcripts of completed Baccalaureate and other advanced degrees and should forward an official transcript of any work completed toward the MLS thus far.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed; students must reapply.
- Award recipients will receive complimentary 1-day registration and lunch for the 2013 CLA annual conference.
Apply Online! - MLS form or LTA Form
Not a CLA member? Don't worry! A student membership is only $25.00. Read about the benefits of membership.
For more information or questions, please contact:
Sarah Marek (email@example.com) or 860-832-3408